Turkey Frying Tips
Thanksgiving is only a few days away which means some families will take cooking to a whole new level. This is the time that safety should be key when it comes to frying a Turkey. According to the National Fire Protection, there are three times as many home cooking fires on Thanksgiving than any other day of the year. Follow these few safety tips if you decide to deep fry your turkey this year!
- Make sure your Turkey is completely thawed and dry. Extra water will cause the oil to spill over which can cause a fire.
- Be extra careful when you are placing the Turkey into the oil
- Place the fryer more than 10 feet away from your home and be sure to watch out for your pets and children while cooking is going on.
- Never leave the fryer unattended while cooking
- Have a multipurpose – dry powered fire extinguisher on hand in case the oil ignites and DO NOT use water to cool down a grease fire.
Following these few steps will help keep your family safe during the Thanksgiving Holiday!