If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (803) 276-0290

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration
Newberry County (803) 276-0290 - Laurens County (864) 833-4411

Space Heater Safety

11/7/2019 (Permalink)

Space heater fire caused by newspapers being to close to the heater Space heater fire

Space heaters on average cause about 25,000 house fires and 300 deaths per year! Mostly caused by a space heater being to close to curtains, bedding or upholstered furniture. This doesn’t include the people who end up in emergency rooms from encountering space heaters. 

When shopping for heaters look for heaters that carry a safety certification label form an independent testing company. Check for automatic shutoff and tip over features – smart sensors that automatically shut off a heater when it overheats or is knocked over.

Never plug a space heater in a power strip – this can cause overheating.  Always make sure the heater is located on a hard level and nonflammable surface and make sure you never leave a space heater unattended.  SERVPRO is here to help!

Other News

View Recent Posts