As we embark on the Holiday Season when most are in the kitchen cooking for their families for the Thanksgiving Holiday – be sure to remember these top cooking safety tips to avoid a house fire and a trip to your local restaurant for your holiday meal.
- Never leave the kitchen when you are cooking on the stove top.
- Do not leave your Turkey unattended – even if your stove is on low.
- Keep the kids out of the cooking zone.
- If you are deep frying your Turkey – do that outside away from your home.
- Do not wear loose clothing – finish your cooking and change into your festive outfit prior to dinner.
- Test your smoke alarms to assure they are in the proper working condition.
- Turn your pot handles towards the back to avoid a turnover.
Following these tips can and will prevent a house fire. Enjoy your holiday with family and friends and rest assure SERVPRO of Newberry and Laurens Counties will be here if you need us!